- Latitude 40°19'24", Longitude 77°10'09" NAD27
- Perry County, Pennsylvania, Hydrologic Unit 02050305
- Drainage area: 207 square miles
- Datum of gage: 422.63 feet above NGVD29.
- AVAILABLE DATA:
- Record for this site is maintained by the USGS Pennsylvania Water Science Center
- Email questions about this site to
Pennsylvania Water Science Center Water-Data Inquiries
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
STATION.--01568000 SHERMAN CREEK AT SHERMANS DALE,
LOCATION.--Lat 40`19'24", long
77`10'09", Perry County, Hydrologic Unit 02050305, on left
bank on downstream side of bridge on State Highway 34 at Shermans Dale,
and 1.2 mi upstream from Fishing Run.
DRAINAGE AREA.--200 mi2.
PERIOD OF RECORD.--October 1929 to current year. Prior
to October 1962, published as "at Shermandale".
GAGE.--Water-stage recorder. Datum of gage is 422.63
ft above sea level. Prior to Jan. 29, 1930, nonrecording gage at same
site and datum.
EXTREMES OUTSIDE PERIOD OF RECORD.--Flood of July 22,
1927, reached a stage of 20.34 ft, from floodmark, discharge, about
FLOOD STAGE.--NOAA, National Weather Service river
forecast station flood stage provided to USGS April 1999 is 9
COOPERATION.--Funding for the operation of this
station is provided by the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental
Protection, the National Weather Service, and the U.S. Geological