Warning: Javascript must be enabled to use all the features on this page!


Page Loading - Please Wait...

* We've detected you're using a mobile device. Find our Next Generation Station Page here.
Click to hideNews Bulletins

Water-Year Summary for Site 08049200

Click to hide Water-Year Summary instructions and information
  • Water-Year Summary reports summarize a year of hydrologic data in a printer-friendly format.
  • For water years 2014 onward, choose a water year and parameter and an on-demand Water-Year Summary report will be generated.
  • For water years 2006 through 2013, choose a water year and an Annual Water Data Report will be provided.
  • For water years 2005 and earlier, Annual Water Data Reports may be available in digital format.
  • Not all sites have reports available for every water year.
Available Parameters
00054 Reservoir storage(Max.,Min.,Mean)  
62614 Elevation, lake/res, NGVD29(Mean)  

Water year 2020: 2019-10-01 to 2020-09-30
 

Print this page
USGS Water-Year Summary 2020
08049200 Lake Arlington at Arlington, TX
LOCATION - Lat 32°42'58", long 97°11'32" referenced to North American Datum of 1927, Tarrant County, TX, Hydrologic Unit 12030102, in pumphouse at right end of Arlington Dam on Village Creek near western boundary of Arlington, 1.5 mi upstream from the Texas and Pacific Railway Co. bridge, and 7.0 mi upstream from mouth.
DRAINAGE AREA - 143 mi².
REVISIONS HISTORY - WSP 1922: Drainage area.
SURFACE-WATER RECORDS
PERIOD OF RECORD - Apr. 1957 to current year. PERIOD OF RECORD, Water-Quality.-- CHEMICAL DATA: Jan. 1964 to Sept. 1977. BIOCHEMICAL DATA: Jan. 1964 to Sept. 1977.
GAGE - Water-stage recorder. Datum of gage is NGVD of 1929. Prior to Sept. 9, 1957, nonrecording gage at same site and datum. Satellite telemeter at station.
COOPERATION - Capacity Table No. 3 was provided by the Texas Water Development Board and put into effect Oct. 1996. A new capacity table, Table No. 4, was received from the Texas Water Development Board and was put into effect beginning Oct. 1, 2009.
REMARKS - Some records listed in the "Period of Record" for surface water and water quality may not be available electronically. The lake is formed by a rolled earthfill dam 6,482 ft long. The service spillway is a 10-ft diameter uncontrolled circular drop inlet. The spillway is a 882-ft-wide cut through natural ground near the right end of dam. The dam was completed and storage began Mar. 31, 1957. The dam was built by the City of Arlington to impound water for municipal and industrial uses. Water is diverted from Cedar Creek Reservoir (station 08063010, conservation pool storage 637,050 acre-ft) into Lake Arlington. Water is pumped from the lake to a generating plant of Texas Electric Service Company. Conservation pool storage is 40,188 acre-ft. Data regarding the dam are given in the following table:
                                                                              Elevation (feet)
Top of dam............................................................          572.0
Crest of Spillway.....................................................          559.7
Crest of drop inlet (top of conservation pool)........................          550.0
Lowest gated outlet (invert)..........................................          505.0
Water-quality records available from Jan. 1973 to Sept. 2006 were published separately as:
Site ID  Site name
324304097113601  Lk Arlington Site AC at Arlington, Tx
324253097121801  Lk Arlington Site BC at Arlington, Tx
324301097123301  Lk Arlington Site BL at Arlington, Tx
324257097130301  Lk Arlington Site CC at Arlington, Tx
324228097130301  Lk Arlington Site DC at Arlington, Tx
324143097132201  Lk Arlington Site EC at Arlington, Tx
324133097130601  Lk Arlington Site EL at Arlington, Tx
324041097134601  Lk Arlington Site FC at Arlington, Tx
EXTREMES FOR PERIOD OF RECORD - Maximum contents, 72,500 acre-ft, May 17, 1989, elevation, 562.42 ft; minimum contents since lake first filled in Apr. 1957, 16,210 acre-ft, Aug. 5,11-12, 1998, elevation, 536.51 ft; minimum elevation since lake first filled in Apr. 1957, 534.27 ft, Oct. 17, 1971.