Page Loading - Please Wait...
|Data Type||Begin Date||End Date||Count|
|Current / Historical Observations (availability statement)||1985-10-01||2018-04-22|
|Discharge, cubic feet per second||1939-10-01||2018-04-21||28693|
|Gage height, feet||2000-10-02||2002-06-20||1226|
|Gage height, feet||1990-03-28||2018-04-21||9684|
|Discharge, cubic feet per second||1939-10-01||2017-12-03||28554|
|Gage height, feet||1990-03-28||2017-12-03||9553|
|Discharge, cubic feet per second||1939-10||2017-12|
|Gage height, feet||1990-03||2017-12|
|Discharge, cubic feet per second||1940||2018|
|Gage height, feet||1990||2018|
|Field/Lab water-quality samples||1941-06-11||2018-04-04||993|
LOCATION.--Lat 34°48'50", long 83°18'22" referenced to North American Datum of 1927, Oconee County, SC, Hydrologic Unit 03060102, on the left bank 150 feet downstream from bridge on US 76, 2.8 miles upstream from Stekoa Creek, 9.0 miles downstream from confluence with Warwoman Creek, 9.0 miles upstream from confluence with Tallulah River, and 7.0 miles southeast of Clayton.
DRAINAGE AREA.--207 mi2.
ESTABLISHMENT AND HISTORY.--Gaging Station: May 13, 1907 to June 30, 1908, staff gage at bridge, read once daily at site 400 feet upstream from present site and at different datum. Re-established November 18, 1939. May 13, 1907 to June 30, 1908. November 18, 1939 to date.
Water-quality monitoring: Established February 1968 as a long-term trends water-quality monitoring station in cooperation with the Georgia Water Quality Control Board of the Department of Public Health, which ceased to exist in July 1972, at which time all the Board's functions were assumed by the newly formed Environmental Protection Division of the Georgia Department of Natural Resources. Since July 1972, the water-quality monitoring at this station is conducted as part of the USGS-Georgia EPD Cooperative Water-quality Monitoring Program.